Thursday, February 5, 2015

Guidelines on paying real property tax in Sta. Maria, Bulacan

Hi everyone! I'd like to share with you bits of information on how we made our first payment for the real property tax (RPT) or amilyar of our property located in Mag-asawang Sapa, Sta. Maria, Bulacan. 

Basically, before going to Municipal Hall, you must prepare the following requirements:
1. Land title or transfer of title (ToT)- if your property is mortgaged in the bank, you can request a copy from them 
2. Copy of previous real property tax  (RPT) receipt and declaration, if available
3. Cedula or community tax certificate - you can get one in your barangay or at the Municipal Hall.

(Take note: it took my husband at most 20 minutes to pay for this).

1. Go to Sta. Maria Municipal Hall and look for the assessor's desk. Present  your requirements, and wait for their assessment. In our case, they provided us two printed tax declarations, one for the land and the other for the building. 


2. Go to the cashier's window, present the assessed amount and pay. You can opt for annual or quarterly payment depending on your budget. Discounts are applied on advance payment. 

Once finished, it is best that you keep the receipt and tax declarations because you will need them on your next payment or when securing a building permit. 


All the information provided are based on my experience and for general purpose only. It is still best if you will contact your municipal or city's assessor's office for the requirements and procedure. 

Follow my Page on G+  
Twitter: @anleymited

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner