Saturday, September 27, 2014

DIY: Vertical Container Garden

Last Sunday's good weather made us rose early and as usual, have our coffee at the lawn. This is the only day in a week where I could enjoy sunrise or a chat with my neighbors in the morning. I could not do these during weekdays because of my fulltime job, but don't get me wrong. I am not complaining. Hahaha. As soon as we finished our coffee, hubby and I worked again for another DIY. We were inspired to do our own vertical container planting  we saw on the web. 

Materials needed:
plastic bottles
nail
wood
scissor
wire or twine
plants
soil
water

How we did it:


garden container
  • Cut the upper body of the bottle into half to make an opening. Make sure to spare some portion for the nail.
  • On the lower portion, make some holes for water drainage.
  • Transplant the seedlings or any plant to the bottle.
  • Cut two equal size of woods, depending on the number of bottle you want to put. 
  • Make 3-inch wide space in between each bottle. Nail the upper portion of  the bottle on one wood. Lay the other wood on top of the first wood then nail it.
  • Attach a wire or twine  to make a hanger.

We made two of these that we hanged on the walls. We will definitely do another one once we collect enough containers. How about you? Have you done a DIY? Share it with us by commenting it below. 

Follow my Page on G+  
Twitter: @anleymited

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner