Sunday, April 7, 2013

Free Domain at Dot.tk

When I was about to buy a new domain, I searched the net for the cheapest domain registrar. I stumbled on Dot.tk, a free domain registrar in the world wide web. Why free? Because it is one way of promoting the Island of Tokelau and at the same time provide a secure alternative identity to internet users.

I've registered my two blogs and they are 3-month old already.Check below the procedure how to register your domain.

1. Go to Dot.tk. You will see a box with two tabs: Register Domain and Shorten URL. Choose Register Domain. Type the domain name you want and click Go. Example, I typed pinoybloghub.


2. On registering the domain, under Use you domain choose Forward this domain to and type the domain name of your website or blog. Under Registration Length choose the month length you want, I chose 12 months on my two blogs.  Type the capcha characters and click Sign Up using your email address or choose anonymous.



3. You are now registered. The next step is to login to my.dot.tk and modify the setting of your domain name .

4. Open your Blogger dashboard, choose Setting+Add a custom domain>Switch to advanced settings>Setting instructions



5. On my.dot.tk, choose the domain you just registered and click modify. Choose 

Setting+Add a custom domain>Switch to advanced settings. Type your domain name in the Blog address, in this example www.pinoybloghub.tk and tick the box in Redirect pinoybloghub.tk to www.pinoybloghub.tk. Click Save. Once the DNS setting is correct, you will see :


That's how easy to set-up the domain setting at Dot.tk! You can try its services and see how it will suit you. 




Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner