Thursday, August 30, 2012

Our simple bonding



Hello everyone! How was your weekend? I hope you enjoyed it as much as we did.

My husband and I has no plan to unwind this weekend except for a movie marathon. We were in a tight budget after Habagat ravaged our area. Goodness, I was able to rent five (4 rents + 1 free) movies in Video City. The movie titles are: The Devil wears Prada, Source Code, Shooter, Vampire Sucks and Mirrors 2.

Sundays = laundry day. After I finished the laundry, we watched two movies in a row. It was in The Devil Wears Prada that I was excited to watch. Why? I already finished the novel, and I wanted to know how the actors portrayed their roles. Though there were some scene that was not part of the novel, it adds some thrills and twist at the end. Of the five, only Vampire Sucks was not finished because it really sucks. LOL.

Then Monday came. I had nothing to do except wash the dishes and cook rice. My husband came up with the idea of doing fishing at the back of our house. He borrowed our uncle's fishing rod. Before lunch, he caught three kanduli and by the afternoon, another three kanduli was added to the bucket. By the way, kanduli is a kind of catfish with whiter skin than native catfish. Every time we heard his shouts, we knew that he caught another one. Time flies, and we did not notice that it was dinner time. We cooked the kandulis but did not eat it because it might have a taste of a “gilik.” On another note, what we have on our dinner was daing na tilapia, burong kanin, nilagang okra and fried breastbone.

How I wish there's another long weekend this September. So, we can bond again as simple as that even just for a while.

Enhanced by Zemanta

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner