Friday, May 18, 2012

Review: Myra E Daily Sun Protect


For quite sometime, I have been a loyal user of Myra E moisturizer. It was introduced to me by my sister, who has been using the product for more than five years now. Aside from their moisturizer, I never tried using any of their products. So being curious to try out one, I chose Myra E Daily Sun Protect. 
Brand: 
Myra Daily Sun Protect Facial Moisturizer Liquid

Description:
Myra e daily sun protection
Get everyday protection from UVA & UVB rays to keep your skin healthy and youthful looking.
  • Double sunscreen protection
    against UVA & UVB rays
  • SPF 15
    for 15 times longer protection from the harmful effects of the sun
  • Enriched with Vitamin E and moisturizers
  • Dermatologist-tested
  • Mild, gentle, and safe for everyday use
  • in 50 mL tube
USE
For healthy, soft skin everyday.

Ingredients: Water, Octinoxate, Zinc Oxide, Polyacrylamide, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Laureth-7, Glycerin, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Cyclomethicone, Talc, Steareth-21, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, DMDM Hydantoin, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Gluconolactone, Fragrance, Disodium EDTA




Manufacturer:
Innovitelle

Price: 
P85.00 at Robinson's

My take:

This product has a mild scent, which is just right for my face. Less of fragrance oil. It is also in light-weighed liquid form, so applying this to my face is quite easy. It has off-white color that when applied to my skin will not leave marks or patches. However, when I applied a face powder after the moisturizer is dried, the lines under my eyes are quite noticeable. Worst, I always have  face powder scales at the lower portion of my eyelids. This does not happen when I am applying the product during night time.

Compare with Myra E moisturizer, the Daily Sun Protect does not give me full moisturizing effect on my dry skin. Maybe it has something to do with the amount of vitamin e (tocopherol), talc and glycerin.  

As for its UV A & B protection, I cannot quantify its effect. The most visible outcome on my skin that I noticed was the faster lightening of my sunburned face after beach swimming. It takes only a month before my skin gradually lighten. Before, it will take me more months and a lot of whitening soaps to have an effect. Now, it is a different story.

If you ask me, I would recommend this as a sunblock only but not a moisturiser. Unless, the manufacturer re-formulates it to give that moisturizing effect similar to Myra E Facial Moisturizer.
Enhanced by Zemanta

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner